Transparency In Price | Debt Recovery
Conditional Fee Arrangement or £500 – £20,000 + VAT and/or 25% of damages depending on the initial agreement,
£177 – £201 + VAT depending on staff grade handling the case
Disbursements – Experts £500-£3000 depending on specialists
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice that is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one-off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Initial case assessment
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Client Conferences
- Client Instructions
- Dealing with the pre-action protocol
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Drafting letter of claim and schedule of loss
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim the claim in county court
- Hearing and Trial Preparation
- Court Attendance
- Drafting pleading
- Dealing with court proceedings up to and including trial
- Obtaining Witness / Expert Evidence
- Where no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 7 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
The Key Stages Of Your Matter Are Typically:
- Initial Instruction (1-2 days)
- Consideration of Case Papers (1 day)
- Case Assessment and Advice (0.5 days)
- Instructions in relation to debt dispute (0.5 days)
- Trial Preparation (2 Days)
- Trial – Determined by courts
- Post-Trial Advice – (1 hour)
Our team of specialist solicitors has years of experience in dealing with debt recovery. Our senior solicitor heads up a team of 4 solicitors and have collectively over 45 years of experience, leading many cases to a successful conclusion.
Our solicitors have experience in all aspects of civil law and we dedicate ourselves to ensuring our knowledge stays up to date, in order to give you the best service possible.
They have between 4 and 26 years of experience in the area. We always make sure that junior solicitors and members of staff are supported and supervised appropriately to ensure that the quality of advice is not affected, regardless of who is working on your case.
The experience of our solicitors is:
- Masood Hussain – Solicitor 4 years’ experience
- Mike Reeves – Supervisor / Solicitor 26 years’ experience
- Mark Ryan – Supervisor / Solicitor 4 years’ experience
- Sharaz Hussain – Supervisor / Solicitor 13 years’ experience
We also employ a team of around 4 paralegals who do much of the day to day work on cases. Although they are not legally qualified, they have between 1 and 5 years experience, have received extensive training within our firm and work under the direct supervision of a solicitor with at least 5 years post qualification experience
We have a proven track record in achieving successful outcomes for our clients.